We aim to be the first investor in top startups in Poland and the CEE. With over 110 seed & pre-seed investments to date, we have been among the most active funds in the region. We have partnered with some of the most exciting startups, including: • Plenti, a platform for flexible electronics rental that makes renting out a PS5 as easy as ordering a pizza • Foodsi, a marketplace for surplus food at restaurant & groceries that has saved hundreds of tonnes of meals last year alone • GLOV, a beauty brand that revolutionized skincare with products embracing innovation in harmony with nature • SiDLY, a healthcare startup that literally saves lives with their telemedicine hardware & platform • QPONY/Blix, Callpage, Saloner, Emenago, Audiomagic, Power Canvas and many, many more. If you think that we are overly excited about them – that’s because we are! And we definitely need you to be as well – more on that below. Right now, we are scaling up our operation to partner with even more amazing founders from day one. This is an exciting and rewarding journey but also a challenging one. To help fulfill our goals, we are currently looking for an Analyst to join our investment team.
- Dealflow management: you will meet plenty of startup founders looking to raise their first round – and help us decide whether there is a fit. These startups will later go on to scale up, raise millions and become brands that everyone knows – but you’ve met them first, how cool is that?
- Portfolio support: we work closely with the startups that we invest in. We aim to help them with fundraising next rounds, strategy, hiring and much more. If you are excited about working hand-in-hand with amazing entrepreneurs then this is a perfect role to get that experience.
- Analysis: founders and ideas are important but so are numbers. You will run market research, including the search for potential investment targets, conduct market and competition analysis to support investment decisions and prepare preliminary financial analyses.
- Internal development: this is about transforming the way we work internally (i.e. introducing new tools, reshaping processes etc.). We are really looking for proactive people that can raise their hand and say ‘okay, there is a better and simpler way to do that than a spreadsheet!’
- Related experience: you have worked for 2-3 years in one of: fast-growing startups, Seed/VC/PE investing, Investment Banking, Consulting or other fast-paced environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills: we are really excited to hear about the times you got things moving!
- Genuine interest in early-stage startups and technology: the industry is changing super-fast and we need to be on track. Bonus points if you are particularly keen on marketplaces, consumer tech, fintech, clean tech or health tech.
- Very good analytical skills
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills: we partner long-term with startups, investors, advisors and other ecosystem players. These relationships are at the heart of what we do and a key to success in this business.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English, a second language is a plus
What we offer:
- This is an impactful role with high visibility. You will work hands-on with senior management at the fund and CEOs of portfolio startups.
- Outstanding performance in this role will see you move towards more senior roles within the fund (investing/portfolio management) or leadership positions at our portfolio startups. Or we may launch a company together!
- You can operate in a hybrid model combining remote working with working from our office at the National Stadium.